The EB-5 program provides for conditional, two-year resident status to qualifying participants and their families who invest at least One Million Dollars (or $500,000 in designated target areas) in businesses which create at least ten full-time permanent jobs for American workers. Since our investments are located in a higher unemployment sector (known as a “TEA” or Targeted Employment Area) participation in the program only requires an investment of $500,000, plus costs. The conditional residence may be converted to permanent residence after two years, provided the investment and job-creation requirements of the program have been met. The EB-5 immigrant visa program offers the following advantages to the applicant who seeks to live and work in the US.
• There are no requirements regarding age, business experience or language skills.
• The program does not require participants to manage their investment on a daily basis. As a limited partner, the participant is free to pursue other professional or personal ventures.
• A participant does not have to be continuously present in the U.S., and can maintain business and professional relations in their own country.
• A participant does not have to live in the city or state where their EB-5 investment is located.
• There are no restrictions in travel outside of the U.S. and the individual may return without a visa.
• No employment authorization is required to accept employment.
• The participant may have the ability to sponsor other relatives in the future.
• The participant and his family will be able to enjoy the education benefits of permanent residents such as admission to state universities at resident costs.
• The participant will have the opportunity to become a U.S. citizen once he/she has been a permanent resident for five years.
Contact Entrust Property Management regarding opportunities that are available for you in the South Florida market. Our property management services include areas for EB5 eligibility.